Thursday 27 June 2013

Face Time

I hardly use skin treatments and I wouldn't say I have a skincare routine, just water and make-up wipes for taking my make up off of an evening,
Occasionally, I come across those days when you just feel that you skin is all dry and flaky, or you can just tell there is an u and coming zit army protruding from the barricades! Those are the days I like to treat myself to a facial and have some me time!

-Cleansing-

1: Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild
This is for dry skin in the cheeks and oily in the T-zone I started to use this just because my mum had it in the cupboard and I was curious! Its a really nice thick clear gel that doesn't have an overpowering smell which I hate in face products! (maybe I have sensitive sense of smell?) I also really like the fact it only produces a light foam when rubbed into the skin so it doesn't drip or run all over the show!

2: No7 Beautiful Skin Eye Make Up Remover
I bought this when I had an allergic reaction to some unknown eye product (which I have recently discovered to be fake eyelashes....wahhhh) and I love using it for a fix me up eye treat! I find its not ideal in the morning for those panda eyes as it leaves a layer of dewy moisture behind, spoiling/thinning my make up!

3: Simple Kind To Skin Purifying Cleansing Lotion
I would only ever use this is cotton pads or something as dense as anything looser like cotton wool doesn't apply this product well at all! Although the product itself feels very gentle on the skin and is very moisturising!

-Toners-

1: Clinque Clarifying Lotion
This was given to me by my mum as it was too strong for her skin, honestly this stuff is like acid! I only ever put this on my spot prone areas (forehead, sides of my nose and chin) to dry and clarify those areas.

2: Simple Soothing Toner 
This is used all over my face, I mean I don't particularly love it or loath it, but then again with it being the middle step it can be quite hard to review how good it is! I'd say it's a toner that does it's job! It leaves my skin looking great the day after and you can see the removal of residue on the pad afterwards. It Does it's Job!

-Moisturise-

1:Simple Spotless Skin Anti-blemish Moisturiser
Contains Zinc (absorbs excess oil) Chamomile (anti-irritant) Corn starch (mattifier) Aloe Vera (soothes) and phytosphingosine (fights spots and blemishes) and I apply to those spot prone areas. I can't say how successful it is as I don't tend have very spot prone skin! (although maybe this is why, who knows!?)

2:Clinique All About Eyes

This gel like moisturiser is awesome! Although you can't see any difference immediately after application the day after I notice that the redness has faded and my dark circles have brightened! Hallelujah!


3: Simple replenishing rich moisturiser 
I love what this product does to my skin, feels very moisturised and really fixes my flaky patches! However I personally think it has a really plasticey smell! I guess that can be a side effect with fragrance free products!

Anyone know of any 'kind to skin' face moisturisers which smell a bit nicer?

Hannah x




No comments:

Post a Comment