Tuesday 23 July 2013

Prime Time! No7 Colour Calming Primer

No7 Colour Calming Primer is a green coloured primer, designed to correct red complexions (opposites in the colour wheel) allowing your true colour to show through. At £10.50 for a 40ml bottle, this seems to be a perfectly reasonable price compared to most primers; also considering it’s from No7, known to carry a heftier price tag for the high street!
Application
The product has a nice thick creamy consistency so the application isn’t very ‘messy’ thank lord! I felt though that I had to put a lot of product on to fully even out my skin tone which left me with a slightly (and unsightly) green tinge! Minus value for money points! I also therefore, wouldn’t recommend this product to people who like to wear easy/minimal make up as it takes some covering up!
The primer left my skin feeling soft and had a slight sheen to it, Shame it was a green sheen!


Mid-day review
So this picture was taken around half 1, about 6 hours after I had applied my make up. I had noticed that the product had unfortunately started to shift around my T zone and chin which was very disappointing. There was still no sign of redness appearing (just a few scars and blemishes had begun to show) which is after all; what the primer is meant to conquer!



End of the Day
This picture was taken around 6 o’clock (10 and a half hours after application) there was redness appearing around my nose and my forehead and chin where looking… dewy (bit gross, sorry! truth hurts!) though the imperfections I have on my cheeks where still holding out which is fairly impressive!

Scores! (out of 10)


Packaging: 5
Value for Money: 6
Lasting Power: 7
Usability: 6

24 out of 40!
Creepy morning and evening photo! (will work on it)
Hard to tell on the picture, but I think you can just see the difference in the chin; this is the same side of my face flipped I will also point out!

Have you used this product? What are your Primer Views!?

No comments:

Post a Comment