Monday 8 July 2013

MUA Pro-Base Conceal and Brighten Kit Review!

If you could only use one make-up product, what would it be?

For me, mines easily concealer. I have alot of scaring n my face, patches of redness and dark circles under my eyes! I heavily rely on concealer for evening out my skin tone, I think I am currently using 4 different concealers in the process! So I had been thinking maybe I should buy a concealer palette to replace these in an attempt to hopefully save some money, as I used to own one by jelly pong pong a few years ago which I loved (and only used one other concealer with!)

Then a couple of weeks ago, strolling around superrug I noticed this MUA Pro-Base Conceal and Brighten Kit in Beige-Golden shades had been reduced to £2 due to a crack in the case.
I already use the MUA Hide and Conceal Stick, Infact I think i'm on my 3rd tube! I really like its 'cheap' thick consistency as it really covers up my scars and red patches!
So I was hardly going to walk past this offer!
MUA Pro-Base Conceal & Brighten in Beige-Golden

Packaging

The packaging (remembering it had already broken before I even had it) isn't that great apparently. The plastic had already got scratches and blotches and smudges and the whopping crack! Also, the white and silver colour scheme underneath means that these can't be hidden very well and shows all the dirt!
In the lid there is a tiny mirror which you can just bout fit your eyes in, but realistically is far to small for anything!
After all this negatives, there is a postive! The palette is a nice big size which means you get alot of product! :)
Light Concealer, Darker Concealer & Highlighter Swatches

Product


Its unfortunate that this particular palette didn't fully match my skin tone (I add that others do) as the darkest concealer is a little too dark for me. So I used it on the lid of my eye to cover some small veins. I used the lightest concealer under my eyes and scars. Then the highlighter under the brow and at the bottom of my eye socket, out towards my cheekbone.

I have to say that there is not alot of pigmentation compared to the cover sticks and it feels alot greasier. Although! it still manages to give just about a medium coverage and it blends really easily to your skin! (I have heard its not very good at covering blemishes? would be worth knowing if anyone has tried this product on them!?)

Left eye with concealer, Right without


Overall I think its great considering its only £3.50 for the palette, but unfortunately it will not be replacing my current concealer pact!


Pros
Blend-able
Value For Money
Medium Converge

Cons
Greasy
Packaging

No comments:

Post a Comment